Are you looking for a quick and easy stovetop chili recipe for a cold day? This is a recipe that I created years ago, and I’ve never changed it because I like it so much! It’s such a great comfort food without all the guilt. There’s not a lot of ingredients, and it only takes about a half hour to make.
Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. This just means that we make a little money if you buy something through one of our links. It does not cost you any more to purchase an item through our links. It just helps support this blog so we can continue to bring you more content like this.
Easy Stovetop Chili Recipe Ingredients
- hamburger or lean ground beef
- small onion, chopped
- petite diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- chili powder
- chili beans
- garlic (optional)
Easy Stovetop Chili Recipe Instructions
Step 1: Chop Onion
Peel and dice the small onion and place in a large pot.
Step 2: Cook Meat
Add the meat to the pot and brown it over medium heat.
If you are adding the optional garlic, chop it up and add it to the meat and onions to cook.
After the meat is browned, drain off any grease.
Step 3: Add Other Ingredients
Next, you add all the other ingredients.
Cook it on medium heat until it starts bubbling.
Then, stir it and reduce heat to simmer.
Step 4: Simmer & Serve
Simmer the chili for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve with cheese, crackers, and any other toppings you would like.
Did you make this easy stovetop chili recipe? Share with us your pictures and thoughts! Tag us on social media @nowthatsthrifty.[click_to_tweet tweet=”Make this easy stovetop chili recipe for a nice night in.” quote=”Make this easy stovetop chili recipe for a nice night in.” theme=”style4″]
Easy Stovetop Chili Recipe
- 1 pound hamburger or lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 14.5 ounces can of petite diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans cans of chili beans (15.5 ounces each)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Peel and dice a small onion and place it in a large pot.
- Next, add the hamburger to the pot and brown the meat with the onion on medium heat. If you are adding the optional garlic, cook it with the onion and hamburger.
- After the meat has browned, drain the grease from it.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients. Continue to cook on medium heat until the chili starts to bubble. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to simmer. Stir it and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot and top with crackers, cheese, or any other toppings you would like to add.