If you are looking for an easy Christmas candy recipe, this recipe is super simple to make and has lots of flavor options. These chocolate cream candies can be made in many flavors such as vanilla, strawberry, maple, lemon, mint, and more! They only require a few ingredients, and they make great Christmas gifts!
Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. This just means that we make a little money if you buy something through one of our links. It does not cost you any more to purchase an item through our links. It just helps support this blog so we can continue to bring you more content like this.
Christmas Candy Recipe Ingredients
- powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- stick margarine (softened)
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate chips
- wax (optional)
- extracts for flavoring
- food coloring (optional)
Christmas Candy Recipe Instructions
There is not a lot of steps to this recipe. Most of the time in this recipe is waiting time.
Step 1: Make the filling
Mix the powdered sugar, stick margarine, and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add flavoring & optional food coloring
Depending on how many flavors of creams you want to make, you will need to divide up the filling.
We decided on six flavors (maple, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, orange, & mint). You could have other flavors as well depending on what extracts you buy.
We divided our filling into six bowls. You can divide equally or make more of one flavor if you would like.
Food coloring is optional, but it helps you tell the flavors apart when you are dipping them in chocolate.
There is not a set amount of extract that you will add. You have to add it until you think it tastes right.
You will have to refrigerate the filling before you can roll it up into balls.
Step 3: Refrigerate or freeze filling
In order to dip your creams into chocolate, you will need them to harden up.
We typically make these candies at Christmas time, so we are able to stick them on trays and place them in our breezeway to get cold enough to dip.
Roll up your filling into small balls to dip into chocolate later.
Place your rolled up balls of cream filling on a wax paper lined tray.
Step 4: Dip the creams
After your candies have hardened up enough to hold without sticking to your fingers, you can dip them into chocolate.
Melt the chocolate chips using your preferred method.
We melt ours using two pots on our stove because we don’t have a double broiler.
We like to use a long spoon to dip each cream into the chocolate.
Place the dipped creams on a wax paper lined sheet and freeze.
Serve Your Christmas Candy
This recipe makes approximately 200 pieces of candy depending on how big you make them.
Since this Christmas candy recipe makes a lot, it makes great gifts for people.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Give the gift of homemade candy this Christmas! ” quote=”Give the gift of homemade candy this Christmas! ” theme=”style6″]
Christmas Candy Recipe
- 3 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 sticks margarine (softened)
- extracts (for flavoring)
- food coloring (optional)
- 2 bags chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons wax (optional for melting chocolate)
- Mix the powdered sugar, stick margarine, and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl to create the cream filling.
- Divide filling into separate bowls for each flavor. You can make as many flavors as you want depending on the extracts you have.
- (Optional): Add food coloring to your fillings to easily tell the flavors apart.
- Refrigerate the filling before rolling it into balls.
- Roll the filling into balls and place on a tray covered in wax paper.
- Freeze the filling until it is hard enough that it doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method. We melted ours on our stove, but you can also use your microwave. For every bag of chocolate chips you use, add one tablespoon of wax to make it melt better.
- Dip creams into the chocolate using a spoon. Place candies on a tray lined with wax paper.
- Freeze candies until hard.